If you follow our snaps ( 'stephaniesmithh' and 'laurahenshx' ) and watch our
cooking videos you may have noticed our incredible new kitchen angel (as we like to call it) - the Magimix Cook Expert.
While we both LOVE being in the kitchen and creating
delicious, hearty and healthy home cooked meals we are both so busy that we
don't often have hours at night to prepare dinner. This is where the Magimix Cook Expert comes in- it does all of those not so enjoyable cooking tasks that we wish
could magically be done for us!
The Magimix Cook Expert can:
What we love about it:
- It comes with a separate food
processor unit to interchange with the cooking/blending bowl- this is very
helpful for making bliss balls and other things you really need to grind down
to get to the right consistency.
- The heat warms up to your
desired temperature super quick (no time for time wasting in our kitchen!) And can be
adjusted between 30-140 degrees Celcius.
- It has 12 automatic programs
(hello more time saving).
- It has a great range of speed
options for the blade. Starting at 1A (for slow mixing) and going up to speed
18 for some serious power.
- It comes with a 30 year motor
- 900 W motor (this is where the serious power comes from).
Some recipe ideas to get you going:
Homemade almond meal
Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Put on the food processor unit
and connect the large blade
- Select 'food processor'- select speed 13 and time: 30 seconds
- Add almonds to food processor
and press start.
- Blend until almond meal forms.
OUR TIP: We love making a big batch of
almond meal to keep it in the pantry however if you would prefer you can make
it as you go- just change the quantity of almonds to the desired quantity in
Super Orange Soup
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
- ½ a small pumpkin
- 2 carrots
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 brown onion
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1 tsp of cumin
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Peel all of the veggies.
- Using the 2mm slicer and the
midi bowl slice all the veggies.
- Use the cooking bowl attachment
and set to- cook: simmer. Add onion and coconut oil to pan and simmer for 2-3
- Add stock, spices and the rest
of the vegetables.
- Change setting to- cook: pureed
- Once 30 minutes is up soup is
ready to be served.
The MagiMix Cook Expert retails at $2,099 and is available at retail outlets including Myer and David Jones throughout Australia. For a full list of retail outlets click here