What a legend. This chick is just as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. She's incredibly genuine and true to herself, she's also a ball of fun! Brooke is absolutely killing it in our industry and we couldn't be prouder because she deserves it all. Lately you would have seen her on the cover of Women's Fitness Mag, in the Betts shoes stores, in the windows for Lorna Jane, in Adidas stores and much much more. She's a friend of ours and an inspiration to us both, so we decided to have her in our opening month of KIC.
1. We have both been following you since before you went on ANTM and loved watching you on the show and grow into the incredible woman and model you are today. How did you find the experience on the show and how did did you feel it shaped your career?
Well that was lovely- thank you girls! My experience on ANTM was amazing. I was so lucky to be a part of the series and to meet so many beautiful girls. For me, the best thing was that I was totally out of my comfort zone and it really made me grow as a person and as a model. You're constantly put in situations you wouldn't usually be in and you have to handle them all on your own. I gained a lot of confidence in myself after my time on the show and it really has helped me so much in my life and my career.
2. You are such an inspiration to us and to your 500k following on social media. What keeps you motivated and who is the biggest inspiration for you in your life?
I could definitely say the same to the both of you! I keep motivated by settings goals. Whether short term or long term, you always need something to work towards. Everyone feels unmotivated at times but I always try and think of the bigger picture. If I am feeling unmotivated to exercise or cook etc I just always try to tell myself how good I will feel after it's done. I look up to a lot of people... models like Jen Hawkins, Tash Oakley, Jesinta Campbell & also my family. My family are definitely my biggest inspiration.
3. What does a day on the plate look like for you?
It changes daily depending what catering there is on shoots etc but ideally I try and mix it up.
Breakfast: either oats, acai or eggs on toast.
Lunch: Healthy salad/veggies with some protein. I love sweet potato and quinoa so a salad with
the both of those would make me happy!
Dinner: Similar to lunch. After dinner I'd most likely treat myself to some dark chocolate YUM.
4. We have seen you have been apart of the NIKE NTC Club over the past few months. How has the experience and workouts been so far? Can you tell us a bit about the app and how you use it in your daily workout routine?
Working with NIKE for the NTC Tour was incredible! The day itself was so much fun and it was super motivating to train with so many girls. The workouts on the app are great! I feel like so many girls out there don't actually know what to do at the gym and aren't sure what exercises they should be doing. This app is perfect because it has so many different options to chose from and all with a step by step video demonstration showing you how to do it properly! It's perfect for those days when I'm sick of routine and want to mix it up with some new exercises!
5. We love your outlook on health and your ability to balance your diet and lifestyle. What are your top three guilty pleasure foods?
I only get to pick 3 haha? I have always had a good balance and a good relationship with food.
I do treat myself often and when I feel like it but I just try and be smart about it. I absolutely
LOVE chocolate, a little too much haha, hot chips and thirdly I'd say cheese and wine! I snuck in an extra because I couldn't decide between cheese and wine.
6. If you could give one piece of advice to the young girls who are inspired by you and your journey what would it be?
Be yourself and don't let anyone try and change you. There has been so many times where I have been told what I should eat, what I should weigh, where I should live, what I should wear
and I never let it get to me. I always stayed true to myself and my beliefs. Don't compare yourself to others, we are all unique and beautiful in our own way and that's how it should be. If I compared myself to every other model around me I wouldn't be happy either. Be as good as YOU can be. Life's way too short to worry about little things. Your family, friends and health are number one!
Would you rather:
Cheese or chocolate? BOTH
Netflix and chill or night out on the town? Netflix and chill
20 burpees or 50 squats? 50 squats 100%
Denim jacket or leather jacket? Leather everyday!
Kim K and Kanye or Jay Z and Beyonce? Jay Z and Beyonce!